On the pandemic of the New Coronavirus (Covid-19), Khon Kaen University (KKU) has announced five preventive measures to encounter the New Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation. Each issue is related to government‘s measures and has the identical objectives: 1) slowdown of virus spread to reduce the loss 2) the spread of Covid-19 situation controlling, including Khon Kaen Announcement, and on 25 March 2020, KKU has launched additional announcement No. 596/2563, subject: The Extension of Final Examination Period, the End Date of the Semester, and the Final Day for Grade Submissions for the Academic Year 2019 to inform the faculties, including lecturers to self-prepared and adjusted for examination and evaluation period. (See the announcements)
Assoc. Prof. Charnchai Panthongviriyakul, Acting President of Khon Kaen University stated on the long term encounter of the pandemic of Covid-19 as follows:
- For next summer semester, all faculties open the summer semester as necessary and focus on theory subjects which can online study and examination.
- There is planning for supporting students for over 40,000 persons by mainly using an online approach via ZOOM. Google, Hangout meet, group discussion by VDO Conference and adjust the evaluation process such as assignments, projects, online examination. Moreover, KKU will prepare for infrastructure to support this learning approach.
- The efficiency of Internet network Planning for online teaching and learning. This plan will provide internet access for all students, including Notebook, iPad providing for students who do not have his/her own to use at home and University.
- The practical teaching and examination which cannot do online, especially Health Science, Science Technology subjects. Please use the surveillance measures: temperature scanning before entering, surgical mask-wearing, sanitizer, and 2 meters of social distancing.
- During 2-3 months of semester ending. The faculties conduct the survey and co-planning with University to prepare for next semester.
For the working of Khon Kaen University staff, there is an announcement work from home. Each sector will seriously survey and work planning, shift work arrangement, and social distancing, hand washing point, temperature measuring to reduce the spread of the virus.
Assoc. Prof. Charnchai Panthongviriyakul, Acting President of Khon Kaen University requested students’ cooperation such as self-quarantine and no social activity to reduce the spread of the virus. According to the medical information, there is only just 0.2 % of severe sickness if the students on the age of 18-23 infected and get sick which equals the flu. So they can self-recover because they naturally have the immune. However, the concerned matter is the carrier that spreads to close contact and unable to control the spread of the virus. Therefore, please be understanding and informed the necessary. Be responsible for yourself and society. Also, be patient of the Covid-19 situation.
For Khon Kaen University measures announcements, they are adjusted following the spread of the Covid-19 situation and allow the University to continuously run the missions and least affected. KKU’s planning is one of the things which can drive the provincial and country plan to become achievement to secure KKU students, staff and Thai people safe
[ Thai ]