Asst. Prof. Tala Thammaroj, M.D., Vice President for Administration of Khon Kaen University reported that on October 28, 2020, Times Higher Education (THE), the World University Rankings announced THE World University Rankings by Subject 2021. This is the ranking categorized by different subjects after the holistic ranking at the beginning of this year.
The announcement shows that Khon Kaen University is outstanding in 6 fields and is ranked under THE as follows:
- The field of Education – KKU is ranked the 3rd in Thailand and in the world’s 501+.
- The field of Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health – KKU is ranked the 4th in Thailand and in the world’s 501-600.
- The field of Life sciences – KKU is ranked the 4th in Thailand and in the world’s 601-800.
- The field of Social Sciences – KKU is ranked the 4th in Thailand and in the world’s 601.
- The field of Engineering & technology – KKU is ranked the 4th in Thailand and in the world’s 801-1000.
- The field of Physical sciences – KKU is ranked the 6th in Thailand and in the world’s 1001+.
The Times Higher Education is one of the institutions that ranks the world universities with the indication methodology classified into 5 categories, namely, teaching (learning environment), research (revenue and reputation), references (research impact), the international perspective (personnel, students and researchers, and organization’s income (knowledge transfer). These reflect the operations and chances of development of each university according to key missions of the world.