September 1, 2021, 9:00 a.m. at Sarasin Room, 2nd Floor, Sirikunakorn Building, Office of the President, Khon Kaen University – The 9th KKU Council Meeting of 2021 was held by means of Video Conferencing. Dr. Narongchai Akrasanee, Chairman of the University Council presided over the meeting. The key attendants at this meeting included Khun Surapon Phetwara, Vice Chairman of the Council and an Honorary Member, Assoc. Prof. Charnchai Panthongviriyakul, M.D., President of Khon Kaen University, Honorary Members, appointed administrative members, administrative elected members, academic elected members, staff elected members. Asst. Prof. Denpong Soodphakdee, Ph.D., Vice President for Digital and a member of the University Council acted as the secretary of the meeting.
Dr. Narongchai Akrasanee, Chairman of the University Council led the meeting, following the set agenda. Firstly, Assoc. Prof. Charnchai Panthongviriyakul, M.D., President of Khon Kaen University made a report on the operations of KKU administrators during the month of August, 2021. The activities reported covered all aspects stated in KKU strategic plans. The members then voiced their opinions and suggestions towards the different activities. Next, Asst. Prof. Tala Thammaroj, M.D., reported on the cash flow and expenditures from the investment budget, followed by the progress on the Excellence Medical Center of Srinagarind Hospital along with the obstacles and problems that could have impact on the delay of the work. The Council members then voiced their suggestions for expediting the work according to the aim.
The next agendum was on the following topics to be discussed and approved:
- Khun Surapon Phetwara, Vice Chairman of the Council and an honorary member made an official proposal for authorization of Honorary Degrees and the Golden Phra That Phanom Awards for 2021, the list of nominated people was proposed by the Committee appointed by the University Council at the meeting on August 30, 2021.
- Assoc. Prof. Charnchai Panthongviriyakul, M.D., President made an official request for appointment of the Deans of the Faculty of Sciences and the Faculty of Technology. The procedures in selecting of the two deans had already been completed. The list of nominated professors was presented for the Council to consider. Under this agendum, the University Council members proposed the means to revise the roles, status, and significance of each academic field for appropriate modifications.
- Asst. Prof. Denpong Soodphakdee, Ph.D., Vice President for Digital and the secretary of the Council proposed the list of Committee members for Drafting Khon Kaen University Regulations of Evaluation of the Work of the President. The past Regulations were presented for the members to consider. In this respect, the Khon Kaen University Regulations on Evaluation of the Work of the President were proposed to be removed from the Khon Kaen University Regulations on Nomination of the President.
- Prof. Monchai Dunagchinda, Ph.D., Vice President for Research and Graduate Study made a request for approval of awarding the Sarasin Honorable Researchers of 2020. He first presented the significance of the awards and the selection criteria. These awards support and promote the conducting of outstanding research works among KKU personnel so that the works will be publicized in leading journals and bring reputation to the University. At least 100 articles are expected to be published. The Research Committee had selected and nominated 4 people for the award for the KKU Council to authorize.
- Prof. Somchat Soponronnarit, Ph.D., Chairman of the Committee for Studying and Setting Guidelines for Establishing a Computer College presented the “Platform for Establishing the Computer College” and the “Plans for Development of Excellence in Establishing the Computer College”. The details including rationale, objectives and goals, and the implementation methods for the curricular and administrative structures, activities affecting the excellence of the project were also presented.
- The final agendum was the proposals of the followings for authorization: the draft of the terms and conditions and the medium price of the Information System Development Project for overall organizational management, the University expenditure and budgeting plans, Regulations of Management of Medical and Public Health Service under the Covid-19 pandemic, and Khon Kaen University’s Announcement on the titles of degrees, associate’s degrees, and diplomas.
News: Communications Division